Philadelphia VIP, the hub of pro bono in Philadelphia, recruits, trains, and supports volunteer attorneys who provide free legal services to clients living in poverty.
Reporting to the Program Manager and Director of Operations, the Case Management Administrator supports VIP’s legal program by processing and stewarding client and volunteer data; coordinating relations with clients, callers, and visitors; and using technology to provide proactive logistical support.
The position is full-time and non-exempt, with a salary range of $40,000-$45,000, generous employee benefits, and an outstanding team atmosphere. VIP values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and people with disabilities to apply. Due to the pandemic, the position is currently remote until VIP determines that it is safe to resume in-person operations.
- High-school diploma/GED and at least 3-5 years of office administrative experience OR Bachelor’s degree and at least 1-2 years of office administrative experience
- Strong technological proficiency, including experience with Microsoft Office and Excel, and ability to independently navigate unfamiliar software
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Team player, collaborative, and able to receive and act on feedback independently
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Passion for access to justice for underserved communities
- Spanish fluency is preferred, but not required
Steward case and volunteer data:
- Use LegalServer, VIP’s case management software, to process client files from intake to closing
- Work with the Legal Team to open, assign, and close case files
- Enter data and run conflict-of-interest checks for incoming client referrals from partner agencies
- Perform regular quality checks of case files, client demographic information, and other key data points
- Enter data on VIP’s events, volunteer outreaches, and other volunteer-facing activities
- Safeguard and organize VIP’s original client document storage
Provide integral pro bono program support:
- Ensure receipt of essential case documents, including by following up with volunteers
- Send cyclical requests to volunteers for updates on the status of case status reports, record responses, and coordinate follow up with unresponsive volunteers
- Serve as in-house Notary Public for VIP clients and volunteers (training and insurance provided for those not currently commissioned as Notaries Public)
- Administer non-legal portions of casework as needed. Sample responsibilities include:
- Process and track escrowed client monies, including by coordinating with outside agencies
- Assist with completing clients’ applications to the Tangled Title Fund
- Assist with tracking and obtaining healthcare provider testimony in guardianship matters
Support VIP’s operations, client relations, and office management:
- Serve as the first point of contact to visitors at the front desk, and provide professional and compassionate reception to callers, potential and current client visitors, and volunteers
- Handle VIP’s incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, and assist staff and volunteers with mail-related issues
- Support clients and volunteers with minor technical problems, document management, and printing
- Perform other duties, as assigned
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail cover letter and resume to Karna Laubenstein, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
What to include in your cover letter: All cover letters should include a salary requirement, potential start date, and any non-English language skills. Applicants are invited to include a statement about how the applicant’s unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of VIP’s staff team and legal practice.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to those received by Friday, February 26, 2021.
PHILADELPHIA VIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER