Philadelphia VIP is a nonprofit that recruits and supports volunteer attorneys to represent low-income Philadelphians who face critical legal issues, but cannot afford a lawyer.
Since 1981, VIP has been the hub of pro bono in Philadelphia, annually supporting over 1,000 volunteers assisting hundreds of low-income clients in four priority areas: preventing homelessness, preserving income, supporting family stability, and promoting community economic development. Our staff of eighteen consists of attorneys, case managers, and other professionals and is highly collaborative, creative, and passionate about our capacity-building model of service. VIP values a diverse work environment and encourages people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and people with disabilities to apply.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Data and Contracts Manager has primary responsibility for developing, maintaining, and refining VIP’s data sources; monitoring and providing quality control for VIP’s datasets; and planning for future data and technology needs.
The position is full-time (37-40 hours/week) and exempt, with a salary range of $56,000 to $63,000, and an outstanding team atmosphere. VIP’s generous benefits include medical and dental insurance (with employee medical premium fully paid by VIP); a 403(b) plan with employer contributions; short-and long-term disability and life insurance; flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care; industry-leading paid time off, including substantial vacation and sick time, 12+ paid holidays, and paid parental leave; an individual budget for professional development; and alternative work arrangements, including generous telework hours and scheduling flexibility.
A strong candidate will demonstrate: sound ability to use data to inform program delivery; excellent attention to detail and track record of managing multiple projects and deadlines; and interest in collaborating with colleagues without technical expertise. Further qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree and coursework in relevant quantitative areas (e.g., Management Information Systems, Statistics, and/or Mathematics) required
- Either at least three years of relevant work experience or master’s degree
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including report automation
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to present technical information to lay audiences
- Excellent time-management skills and independent judgment in prioritizing tasks
- Familiarity with data storage and analysis systems, visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Microsoft Power BI); and statistical programs and languages (e.g., SQL, Python)
Support outcomes measurement and program evaluation for internal use
- Generate routine monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports on program service delivery
- Fulfill ad-hoc data requests from program staff or Executive Director
- Provide summaries and aggregate analyses of program metrics for quarterly Board meetings
- Create template reports for organization-wide use, and train colleagues on report use as needed
- Collaborate with local partner agencies to foster knowledge exchange and analyze trends, data, and gaps in service to better serve low-income Philadelphians
Support reporting for grants, contracts, and external communications
- In partnership with Development Manager and contracted grant writer, maintain annual calendar of grant applications and reporting cycles, and plan for timely delivery of data-related deliverables for funding
- Collaborate with colleagues to produce baseline metrics and goals for specific program grant applications
- Track and routinely update colleagues on program deliverables for grants and contracts
- In partnership with Communications and Content Manager, produce visualizations to communicate program service delivery for the website and publications (e.g., Annual Report)
Manage and develop VIP’s core information systems (LegalServer and Salesforce)
- Oversee quality and accuracy of case, volunteer, and donor data
- Collaborate with Managing Attorney to create processes, forms, and fields to capture relevant information
- Provide user support; train and support colleagues to ensure accuracy in data entry and maintenance
- Support External Relations team in utilizing Salesforce, including by collaborating on reporting needs and creation of dashboards
- Use automation to clean, merge, aggregate, and format datasets and adapt databases, as needed
In partnership with Director of Operations, provide operational support for IT infrastructure
- Provide front-line user support and coordinate technical troubleshooting with VIP’s external IT services vendor
- Create, manage, and update user credentials for VIP’s internal server and core information systems
- Assist with implementation of information governance, including data security and records retention policies
- In partnership with external vendor, install and maintain VIP’s technology, software, equipment, and devices
Includes other duties assigned
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail cover letter and resume to Karna Laubenstein, Director of Operations, email@example.com. No calls, please.
What to include in your cover letter: All cover letters should include a salary requirement, potential start date, and any non-English language skills. Applicants are invited to include a statement about how the applicant’s unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of VIP’s staff team and legal practice.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to those received by Friday, April 15, 2022.
COVID-19 Note: Staff are required to get COVID-19 vaccinations, including CDC-recommended boosters.
PHILADELPHIA VIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER