Philadelphia VIP, the hub of pro bono in Philadelphia, recruits, trains, and supports volunteer attorneys who provide free legal services to low-income clients.
LawWorks is the community economic development project of Philadelphia VIP that works with small business and nonprofit organization clients. LawWorks strengthens Philadelphia communities by providing these clients with pro bono legal advice and transactional representation. Philadelphia VIP seeks a highly motivated undergraduate student to serve as an intern with LawWorks. The LawWorks intern will gain valuable experience by:
- Communicating with small business and nonprofit organization clients
- Drafting written communication with diverse constituents
- Implementing and improving processes to recruit clients and volunteers, following up on referred cases, and spreading awareness of resources through LawWorks
VIP values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and people with disabilities to apply.
- Passion for access to justice for underserved communities and commitment to VIP’s volunteer-based service model
- Interest in community development
- Prior experience in event coordination desirable
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Communicate with clients leading up to legal clinics to support their attendance
- Assist with client communication after legal clinics to support them in applying for on-going assistance
- Update written LawWorks materials, such as promotional brochures and client guides
- Follow up on referred cases to get updates from clients and volunteer attorneys
- Draft written communications to clients and volunteer attorneys to inform them of upcoming events and resources
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to Karna Laubenstein, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of March 13, 2020.
What to include in your cover letter: We invite you to include a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of VIP’s staff team and legal practice.