Philadelphia VIP, the hub of pro bono in Philadelphia, recruits, trains, and supports volunteer attorneys who provide free legal services to low-income clients.
Philadelphia VIP seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, dependable undergraduate student to serve as an intern with our external relations and operations teams. VIP’s interns will gain valuable hands-on experience in:
- Volunteer and donor recruitment, with a focus on marketing and communications efforts
- Nonprofit operations, including finance, human resources, and office management
- Database management processes and general information technology procedures
- Client relations, event planning, and volunteer services
VIP values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and people with disabilities to apply.
- Passion for access to justice for underserved communities and commitment to VIP’s volunteer-based service model
- Exceptionally close attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Interest in database management, data analytics, and information systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Technological proficiency, including facility with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Communicate with volunteers and donors to inform them of upcoming events and resources
- Create and update marketing and recruitment materials
- Provide support for recruitment and fundraising events as needed
- Assist with execution of electronic and mailed fundraising/recruitment campaigns
- Professionally and compassionately greet and assist clients, volunteer attorneys, and staff at VIP’s front desk
- Process new cases, client intakes, and volunteer information using LegalServer, our case-management system
- Perform regular quality assurance checks on databases to ensure data validity
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to Karna Laubenstein, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of March 13, 2020.
What to include in your cover letter: We invite you to include a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of VIP’s staff team and legal practice.