Skip Navigation

Client needs assistance filing a name change petition so that she can change the last name on her birth certificate to match the name she has been using her entire life. Client states she lost her original birth certificate. When the Department of Vital Records re-issued another one to the client, they listed her last name incorrectly as well as the last name of her mother and father. Client has been using the same name since birth. A volunteer is needed to help client file a name change petition and then have her birth certificate amended.