Skip Navigation
VIP's offices are closed, and staff are working remotely. Click here for more information on our response to COVID-19.
Read more

Client seeks assistance in filing a paternity action suit in order to correct the father listed on her daughter’s birth certificate. The man listed on the birth certificate is the man who client was married to at the time of her daughter’s birth, but they were separated, and he is not the biological father. Client has since divorced him and has been raising her daughter with the child’s biological father. In addition to changing the father listed on the birth certificate, client also wishes to correct the spelling of her daughter’s first name. An attorney is needed to represent the client in a paternity action suit to change the birth certificate and subsequently guide client in changing the child’s first name.