Skip Navigation

Client seeks assistance changing his 7-year-old son’s name. Client, his wife, and son immigrated to the United States in 2014. In their country of origin, they only use one name, not a first and last name. Upon arrival to the United States, each family member was given “Fnu” (First Name Unknown) as a first name and their birth name as their last name. A volunteer is needed to help client file a petition in Family Court to correct his son’s birth name to be his first name and add the family’s new last name. Client wants to travel with his son to his home country to see family, but needs the court’s name change order to obtain a passport in his son’s correct name.