Skip Navigation

Delayed Birth Certificate: Client seeks assistance obtaining her birth certificate from South Carolina and correcting it. Client was born in South Carolina, but lost her birth certificate many years ago. Currently, client only has an expired South Carolina Driver’s License and a social security card, both of which have the name she uses, which does not match her birth certificate. Client received a large social security check, and is unable to cash it without a valid photo ID. In order to obtain an ID from PennDOT, client will need her birth certificate. Client requested her birth certificate from South Carolina vital records, but was denied. A volunteer is needed to file a petition in Philadelphia CCP to establish birth facts, and to use the subsequent order to have the South Carolina Department of Vital Records issue a delayed birth certificate.