Skip Navigation
Join us for an evening of celebration on May 4th at FMC Tower for VIP's annual Awards Night! Click here to register.
Read more

Client seeks assistance changing her 16-year-old son’s last name. Son currently shares Client’s last name; she would like to amend his birth certificate so he has both his father and mother’s last names. Client went to Delaware (DE) where her son was born and began the name change process. However, DE vital records would not accept the court documents without a raised seal. Client was informed that DE courts do not issue orders with raised seals. When Client tried to change her son’s name in Pennsylvania (PA) where she lives, PA vital records would not accept the documents from the DE court. A volunteer is needed to file a name change petition in PA and assist Client with amending her son’s birth certificate. Client is Spanish speaking; interpretation services available upon request.