- Established our virtual legal consultation service (known as Ask an Attorney)
- Launched the VIP Community E-Newsletter & Instagram account
- Updated our Client Resource page with COVID-19 resources and new legal guides
- Referred over 400 small business/nonprofit cases since March 2020
- Hosted 6 educational workshops and 4 virtual clinics/volunteer trainings
While I will be continuing my service in the nonprofit sector at a global fiscal sponsor, I am leaving our Community Economic Development Initiative in the capable hands of our legal team, who will continue to match nonprofits and small businesses with volunteer attorneys and introduce you to my successor in the coming months. In the meantime, you can still fill out an application for legal assistance, stay tuned to our events page for upcoming legal workshops, and connect with VIP on social media. You can also reach VIP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all the clients and community partners who help us ensure access to legal assistance for the Philadelphians who need it the most. I will miss playing a very small part in your success stories, but I will still be cheering on the growth of your business ventures and social initiatives from afar.
Until our paths cross again,
Ivelisse (Evy) Cruz
Small Business Coordinator Position
If you have a passion for supporting businesses in Philadelphia’s most underserved neighborhoods, excellent presentation skills, an ability to manage multiple deadlines for events and projects, and an interest in working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, then you are a strong candidate for our open Small Business Coordinator position.